Himachal demands inclusion of pulses & cooking oil in national food security bill

New Delhi: Himachal today demanded provision  of adequate pulses and cooking oil at subsidized rates in food security bill.
While speaking in food ministers conference on food security bill here today Himachal food, civil supply and consumer affairs minister  G.S. Bali said that state is already providing 3 pulses, cooking oil and iodised salt at subsidized rates through P D S system at its own cost despite of financial constraints.

He said that 100% population of the state has been covered under TPDS System in the state through a network of 4737 fair price shops. He demanded that whole population of the state should be covered under food security bill as against the present proposal of 75% of rural and 50% of the urban population as state is not self sufficient in food production. He demanded that at least 7 kg per person per month food grains should be provided under the bill as against the present provision of 5 Kg food grain per person per month. He also demanded that 25 Kg rice and 10 Kg wheat should be provided instead of 15 Kg rice  and 20 Kg wheat  proposed in the bill keeping in view of the dietary habits of the hilly population. He told that 70% of the state P D S outlets are operated by the state govt and cooperative institutions while the remaining 30% are rigorously monitored by the state govt.
Himachal food, civil supply and consumer affairs minister G.S. Bali demanded the enhancement in storage capacity of  food corporation of India as well the H P State civil supply corporation so that at least 3 months requirements  could be stored in order to meet any eventualit. He said that at present the combined food storage capacity in the state is 46160 MT and demanded liberal financial assistance for enhancing the food grain storage capacity of the state. He request union govt to  provide maternity benefit of Rs 1000 per month for pregnant women and fortified Atta and iron rich diet for adolescent girls to meet their nutritional requirements and iron deficiencies. He demanded financial assistance of Rs 19.42 crore for end to end computerization project and also requested 100% financial assistance for implementation of e-PDS ,establishment of C C T V cameras and GPS system under TPDS to stop diversion of food grains etc.

About MVO News Bureau

MVO News Bureau works with many organizations to maximize the coverage of news and events in North India. MVO News Bureau also covers special events, attractions and politics of the north India.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *